David has been a trial lawyer since 1989. He is a graduate of Emory University Law School in Atlanta.
His first 7 years following law school were spent practicing in a multi-city law firm. David then opened his own practice, focusing on real estate and business litigation.
As a general practice trial lawyer, David has represented clients in several areas, including: class actions, construction law, deceptive trade practices, employment law, business torts, antitrust, shareholder derivative actions, collections, water utility rate change applications, administrative law, premises liability, landlord-tenant law, and business transactions that include formations, mergers and acquisitions.
David is a problem solver. His unique skill set includes his ability to draw from his own experience, his persuasive manner, his negotiating prowess, his measured application of pressure on his opponents, and his focus on preparation and methodical strategy.
When not working hard for his clients, David enjoys spending time with his two daughters, playing sand volleyball and, water-skiing on Lake Austin before the work day begins.
“The best way to get a case settled is to make sure everyone knows you are ready for a trial.”
- Represented five competitors in the business of refurbishing computer chip making equipment against a $20 billion company in a Federal Court antitrust case relating to the refusal of the company to sell replacement parts to our clients;
- Obtained successful judgment for two Defendant two real estate agents and their respective brokers. The lawsuit was filed by home buyers alleging deceptive trade practices and fraud in the sale of residential real estate. The claims alleged failures to disclose material facts relating to the home. All of the Plaintiffs’ claims were defeated and a judgment for $157,000.00 in attorneys’ fees was awarded to the agents;
- Obtained a successful jury verdict in favor of a Defendant homeowner against a very large homeowners’ association who filed suit to enjoin the homeowner from using his home for short-term rentals. We prevailed at the jury trial and obtained a judgment against the homeowner’s association for $40,000.00 in attorneys’ fees;
- Obtained a successful verdict in the representation of a retail condominium owner in a lawsuit against a condominium association for wrongful denial of owner’s right to lease his unit to an alcohol package store. Final judgment was rendered in less than 60 days from the date of filing favoring our client on all issues plus the award of all attorneys’ fees incurred;
- Represented member/officer in a dispute over control of a limited liability company owned equally by two members. We obtained full access to all facets of the business and eventually negotiated a buyout of the other member on terms favorable to our client who now controls the entire company;
- Represented commercial landlord in all facets of the leasing of commercial space including lease negotiations, evictions and collection suits;
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a home owner in lawsuit alleging seller misrepresentations regarding prior water leaks in the residence;
- Successfully defended an employee being sued by former employer regarding a non-compete clause;
- Successfully prosecuted a claim for an elderly woman who was seriously injured at a restaurant;
- Represented a statewide class of plaintiffs against a national lender through successful certification of the class and negotiation of a class-wide settlement;
- Represented a non-profit lender in collection actions from borrowers in default;
- Represented minority shareholders in shareholder derivative actions;
- Represented private, investor owned water utilities in contested administrative rate change petitions before the State Office of Administrative hearings.
All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
State Bar of Texas, Member
State Bar of Georgia, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Member
Austin Bar Association
Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
Texas Super Lawyer
Emory University School of Law, 1989
Emory College, B.A. in Psychology, 1986