Meghan Alexander was born and raised in Austin, Texas and has been practicing law since 2007. Upon graduating from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2007, Meghan served for three years as an Assistant District Attorney in the Civil Division of the Lubbock County District Attorney’s Office.
Meghan has represented clients in many areas, including general litigation, real estate, deceptive trade practices, employment law, adoptions, and estate planning.
Meghan has participated in over 150 mediations, over 300 bench trials, and several jury trials. During her years of practice, she has gained valuable experience resolving disputes and advocating for clients in and out of the courtroom. She excels at helping clients find business solutions through cost benefit analysis and smart strategies that get our clients out of the courtroom and back to doing what they do best.
In her free time, Meghan enjoys spending time with her partner Amanda and their son, Lincoln.
- Routinely drafts, reviews, and negotiates commercial and residential leases and sales contracts;
- Primarily responsible for pretrial work on all matters involving real estate disputes. Routinely represents buyers, sellers, real estate agents, and brokers regarding the sale and purchase of real estate. Matters include square footage disputes, deed restrictions, undisclosed property defects, water penetration, flooding, and design and construction defects;
- Obtained a jury trial verdict in clients’ favor in a homeowner vs. homeowner association case awarded $40,000.00 in attorneys’ fees;
- Obtained a successful mediation outcome for a group of home owners against a property owners’ association;
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant real estate agent in a zoning restriction case;
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant sellers, real estate agents, and broker in a square footage dispute case. Awarded $157,000.00 in attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant real estate agent in an undisclosed defects case. Received judgment for attorney’s fees of over $42,000.00;
- Routinely represents residential and commercial landlords and tenants for the purposes of negotiating leases or resolving disputes;
- Negotiated several business partner separations, including total buy-outs and division of interests;
- Drafted customer and vendor contracts for businesses;
- Drafted several beer distribution contracts;
- Drafted employment and independent contractor agreements, confidentiality, non-compete, and non-disclosure agreements;
- Obtained temporary restraining order and successful mediation result for business owner forcefully removed from a company;
- Successful mediation result for homeowner against a home builder;
- Successfully defended an employee against a lawsuit alleging violation of a non-compete provision;
- Represented employers and employees in hearings with the Texas Workforce Commission;
- Advised employers regarding best practices for hiring and firing of employees;
- Advised employees regarding possible claims against employers;
- Routinely drafts estate planning documents, including powers of attorney, directives to physician, and wills;
- Represents adoptive parents in uncontested adoptions.
All Texas State Courts
State Bar of Texas, Member
Austin Bar Association, Member
Austin LGBT Bar Association, Member
Open Door Preschools, Board Member
Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2007
Texas Tech University, B.S. in Exercise Sports Science, 2001