The Gottfried Firm represents homeowners and real estate agents in real estate disputes relating to claims for breach of contract, failure to disclose defects, negligence and fraud. We also represent commercial and residential landlords and tenants in lease disputes, home owners and commercial unit owners in disputes relating to Homeowner’s Associations, boundary and title disputes. Below is a snapshot of some of our work:
- We defended two real estate agents and their respective brokers in a lawsuit filed by homebuyers who alleged deceptive trade practices and fraud in the sale of residential real estate. The claims surrounded alleged failures to disclose material facts relating to the home.
- We defeated all of the Plaintiffs’ claims, and obtained a judgment for $157,000 in attorneys’ fees against the Plaintiff as the prevailing party.
- We defended a homeowner against a very large homeowners’ association who filed suit to enjoin the homeowner from using his home for short-term rentals.
- We prevailed at jury trial, and obtained a judgment against the homeowner’s association for $40,000 of the homeowner’s attorneys’ fees.
- We represented retail condominium owner in lawsuit against condominium association for wrongful denial of owner’s right to lease his unit to an alcohol package store.
- We obtained a final judgment in favor of our client on all issues, plus the award of all attorneys’ fees incurred in less than 60 days from the date of filing.